Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How not to...

I'm going to do my best and give you a few pointers on how NOT to run your car into the ground...

1. Change the oil when the sticker says so-Now I am the first person guilty of not following this rule.  I know so many people that say "oh well I just wait for the light to come on and it tells me 'oil change'".  Well apparently that is the wrong thing to do.  So do your dealership service department or Jiffy Lube or wherever you go a favor and take a look at that sticker on your windshield from time to time and get your oil changed accordingly. PS-this advice is coming from the girl who has gone 5,000 mi over what the sticker says..

2. Put the correct gas in it-Listen, I know everyone loves driving fancy cars (who wouldn't) but if you cannot afford the premium gas then please just save yourself the time & frustration of actually harming your vehicle and buy one that you can afford to fill weekly.

3. Bring it in for a "tune-up"-Just like you and I, the vehicle needs to be checked out from time to time.  Whether you consider your tune up a yearly doctor visit or a 60 min massage & mani/pedi (like I do) it's the same concept.  If you expect your vehicle to run to its fullest capability for you on a day to day basis then you have to give it some TLC from time to time. When I say TLC I mean for the mechanics/technicians to take care of these duties not like the TLC like that person on 'My Strange Addiction' who literally has a relationship with his car. Just to clear that up.

4. If you eat in your car...- Everyone does this (including myself) but I highly suggest that you do it in a bit of neater fasion than I do. First, I eat more chips than any human ever should in their lifetime which is a bit irrelevant but not when it comes to the amount of crumbs that have been in my seats before. Don't do that to the poor person that has to detail your vehicle & if it's you that details your vehicle then save yourself. With that being said, keep your car clean.  Don't be afraid to vacuum it or get it vacuumed and washed every once and a while...it'll go a long way. One more thing, try not to get the sour cream/cheese concoction that comes on the cheesy fiesta potatoes at taco bell on your seat belt-from what I hear it's a real pain to get that stain out.



No comments:

Post a Comment