Wednesday, January 23, 2013

"DIY"...I don't think so

So I realize some people are more handy than others but this whole Do It Yourself trend is just really not my thing.  I've joined Pinterest and all that great stuff and I've gotten a ton of interesting ideas of things to put in my home that I would ultimately need to hire someone to do. The reason for this will be clearly explained in the story I'm about to tell you...

A week ago I decided to keep going with my painting project at my condo when things went terribly, terribly wrong.  My younger brother (bless him) decided to help me with this and I obviously took his offer up and had him help me.  We got the walls all prepped and laid down the painting blankets and all the boring stuff before the painting begins. Next, onto the fun stuff which is the actual painting...I was going around the hallway minding my own business on a ladder painting the edges while nick used the roller when i fell off the ladder INTO the gallon of PURPLE paint. It would be completely fine if I just stepped into the can then whatever I would just clean it off but that is not what happened next. The can of paint tipped over and a half gallon of let me repeat PURPLE paint fell onto my tan carpet. At this point I didn't scream or really do anything but try to as calmly as possible ask Nick why the paint can was behind the ladder (with a few choice words added into that sentence)!? He swore he just had it there for one second which I replied when in our life have you ever seen me not clumsy even for ONE second!? I walked away and started hysterically crying. I then called my dad's assistant Jean to get the phone number of the people who clean Monaco's carpets to see maybe just maybe they could salvage this mess first thing the next morning she informed me that wouldn't be good enough and something needed to be done. I was crying and laughing at this point because my hallway carpet looked like barney had been murdered on it. Nick laughed at this and I told him to shut up SHUT UP (add choice words into that sentence for what really happened). Jean (dad's assistant) told me to keep the paint wet..so I started dumping water on it and realized at this moment that I have a shop vac in my basement. It seems insane but when I moved in my dad left me a shop vac to have and swore to me that I would need it at some point even know I told him I wouldn't and it could just stay in my basement. Well dad, you're right, once again. The shop vac saved my life (my carpet & bank account really). Nick kept just telling me how much paint was coming out and how good it looked so I would stopping complaining and crying. Everything was going phenomenal until the shop vac was full and it started spraying purple water out the back onto the freshly painted walls. At this point I was wondering why god hated me so much in this moment. 4 hrs later the project was completed and about 95% of the paint was out of my carpet (I'll take 95%).

The point of this story is that in this blog I try to give a lot of tips to maintain your vehicle to keep it running at it's highest ability. This is not saying that you need to do everything yourself because if you're anything like me a routine oil change would turning into blowing up your vehicle. So I'd say take the term "DIY" lightly and go to the professionals before you hurt something or yourself.

Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment